Thursday, March 6, 2014

Happy Groundhog Day! (A Month Later...)

Hello, little blog o' mine, and long lost blog readers!  How I've missed you!

Well, maybe that's a bit of an overstatement, but I am ready to get back on the horse.  You see, I did this screen cleanse thing in the month of February that basically meant no Internet usage.  It was a nice change of pace and taught me things about my everyday habits; nothing profound, but definitely worthwhile.  (I did the screen time fast with the encouragement of my friend Frances, who had done it once before, so for a more in-depth analysis of the experience, you should read her write-up on it.  She is a professional writer, after all.  No need for me to reinvent the wheel here.)  Or maybe I will one day add my two cents about what I learned, but for now I'm just more concerned with getting back to posting pictures and such.  : )

News flash:  This has been the worst winter weather of my life.  I think the post I wrote back in January about the fun stuff we did on our snow days while the temperatures dropped to -17 may already have earned a spot on my "Top 5 Most Regretted Posts Ever Written" list.  (All bloggers have an imaginary list like this, right?)  It's like cold and bitter Kate just wants to go back in time and smack some sense into happy little creative Kate.  How was I to know the Polar Vortex would last FOREVER?

So, it's no surprise that by Groundhog Day, we were all ready to escape to the beach, including our favorite pal, the battery operated dancing Caddyshack gopher, er, I mean, our pretend groundhog.  We brainstormed, and Georgia came up with this photo shoot idea for our annual contribution to this family tradition.  Alas, the groundhog predicted a billion more weeks of winter. 

I couldn't decide between these two photos.  One is in sharper focus, but the other more clearly shows that it was snowing during our photo op.  Really, it never ends.

DSC_0875 DSC_0868

(I think in that one she's saying, "Save our souls!" or maybe, "Let it go!"  We haven't seen Frozen yet, but that song has us all hooked.)

Speaking of which, have you all seen this parody version?  "Let it Go (Chicago)!"



5 comments:

jessica said...

I have missed you so. Hoping for an above freezing day in your very near future :(

Sarah said...

ADORABLE pics! And I love the video.

TomT said...

Kate, Kate, Kate.... next time you decide to go dark, give us a heads up! Missed you, girl, and the photos of your darling children doing darling things.

Susan said...

So cute!

Unknown said...

Glad you are back but understand the need to disconnect....cute pics!