Thursday, July 10, 2014

What's for breakfast?

Waylon often wakes up from his afternoon nap confused and asks me, "What's for breakfast?" thinking that it is morning.  Today he would not be convinced otherwise, so I gave up and made him oatmeal with blueberries for his afternoon snack.  (Which he calls "sear-meal", an invented word that pronunciation-wise is a combination of cereal and oatmeal but just means oatmeal.)

He's also on a kick of telling me that he's not going to nap or getting all upset about the idea, and then proceeding to sleep for 2-3 hours in the middle of the day.  I am seriously jealous of his life sometimes.

Swim ==> wet hair ==> nap ==> awesome bedhead, aka, something resembling tousled, highlighted beach waves that people like me pay hundreds for!
(Post swim and nap bedhead. Who says polar bear fleece jammies aren't for July?)

1 comment:

jessica said...

Oh my gosh, hilarious about the oatmeal.